Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Wrestling With My Self Image

At the beginning of June, I made a pledge to myself that I would really start trying to lose the baby weight and get myself healthy again. It's July 5, and here I am, 3 lbs lighter and starting to lose motivation.

At 6 months postpartum, I currently weigh in at 128 lbs. And just to refresh your memory, I was 133 lbs at 2 months postpartum. I still can't fit into my pre-pregnancy jeans, in fact, I'm currently 2 sizes up from where I want to be.

Since June, I've began to calorie count, I've joined 24 Hour Fitness (loving the classes by the way), and I have done at least 30 minutes of physical activity at least 5 times a week. I'm trying not to whine here, but why haven't I seen any results? I am still breastfeeding so I am eating at least 1800 calories a day to ensure that my milk supply isn't negatively affected by a drastic change in my diet. But I am making healthier food choices and have cut out a lot of junk from my diet.

I've promised on my blog to share my weight loss journey, and normally I wouldn't waste an entry on an incessant rant about how frustrated I am with myself, but here I am, looking for some answers. I've really been struggling to accept my new motherly body, because honestly, I didn't think it would be THIS hard to lose the weight. I know I've only been working at it for a month now, but I'm tired of having to wear spanks..and for the first time in a long time, shopping for new clothes isn't so fun.

How do all these new moms lose all the weight plus more? Working full time, I find it very hard to leave for the gym when I get home because all I have with her is those few hours a day from the time I get home until her bedtime. Lately, I've been going to the gym at lunch and early on the weekends. But it feels like it's not enough. The scale isn't budging, and neither is this deflated balloon of a tummy that I have going on.

Please, someone tell me what to do! I need some weight loss buddies. I need some motivation. I need to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Because right now, the image of a delicious In-N-Out burger is clouding my mind. I'm literally going crazy here with this weight loss thing. Why is so hard to be a woman? Anthony doesn't drink soda for a week and BAM! He loses 5 lbs. Seriously???

Sigh. I'm sorry for a wasted entry. But it sure does feel good to get that off my chest.

2 comments:

  1. Ria... one pound at a time! The more you focus on it and obsess with it the longer it will take and the slower you will loose it. Believe it or not weight loss is sooo mental. Have fun with it! Your loving the classes at 24, that's awesome! Keep going, not because your sole purpose for going is to loose a few pounds... go because you genuinely like it. Be happy with your body for what it is at the moment, and try not to think too hard about what you want your body to eventually look like. you will get there! You did it pre wedding you can do it again! I have a rule to ONLY weigh myself once a week. The rest of the week I engage in working out and counting my calories, but on that one day of the week (Sunday mornings before I have eaten anything and preferably after I have gone to the bathroom haha) I weigh myself and I am either happy about what I see, or frustrated. I then allow myself a minute or two to process (and complain if necessary) before I do it all over again next week :)

    1. be consistent-- keep it up!
    2. Be happy!!!!
    3. DO NOT obsess over weight or your one problem area that you can't stand... What is your favorite part of your body? Focus your mind on how much you love that part and the other parts will follow haha!

    p.s. I love you, and I think you are sooooo beautiful! You have this way of always looking picture perfect and classy. I always think of you when I get ready :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. With my son I didn't loose weight until after I stopped pumping (tongue-tie, so exclusively pumped for 5.5 months). By the time I stopped pumping to when I got married (5.5 months), I lost 30 pounds (at the point I stopped I was about 10 pounds over pre-preggo weight) ! Now with my daugher, I've been breastfeeding for 7.5 months and I'm still about 5 pounds heavier than pre-preggo weight. I'm not to worried about the weight loss, since I didn't loose the weight until afterwards last time. It's frustrating to hear about all the people who lost all the weight plus more so quickly, but not everyone is like that. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete