Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Tasty Salmon and Mushrooms

This is a great recipe that I found online and tweaked a little to better suit my liking. I've made it twice for my family because they absolutely loved it the first time I made it. I've been spending a lot more time in the kitchen making both food for my family AND homemade baby food for Rosalie but I'm loving it. As always, I'm constantly trying new foods that are fast and delicious and this one definitely made the list!

Serves 4-6 People
Ingredients:
Fresh Salmon Fillets (About 2-3 lbs)
2 Packets Dry Italian Dressing
1 bag sliced and washed white mushrooms
4 tablespoons lemon juice
2 Cups Water

Preheat the oven to 350 Degrees.
1) Mix the Italian dressing, water, and lemon juice in a bowl
2) Arrange the salmon fillets in a large rectangular glass baking dish. (Aluminum is ok, just make sure to butter it or coat with cooking spray)
3) Distribute the mushrooms over the fillets
4) Pour the liquid mix on top of Salmon and mushrooms. Be sure to try and cover everything.
5) Cover with Aluminum foil.

-Bake covered for 15 minutes.
-Remove cover and bake for another 12 minutes.

It is important to not overcook the Salmon! Salmon gets dry very easily when overcooked so watch the clock very carefully.

- Let Cool for about 20 minutes before serving.
- Serve over brown or white rice.
The Finished Product


I absolutely love it with a side of baked asparagus or green beans. It's really very simple to stick some asparagus in the oven alongside the salmon. Just coat the asparagus or green beans in cooking spray or olive oil then season with salt and pepper. 12-15 minutes will usually do the trick so just pop it in after you uncover the salmon.

There you have it! Shoot me a line if you decide to try it and end up loving it too!

1 comment: