Monday, November 22, 2010

Easy, breezy, beautiful.....SPAGHETTI!

This is a very special spaghetti with meat sauce recipe that my dad taught me....He's been making it since we were kids and I love it! Everyone I make it for now loves it as well. You can try your own variations..but this is a very basic spaghetti recipe that is just as yummy as it is easy.


Ingredients:
1 lb ground beef
1 large white Onion (Cut into strips)
1 tbsp Minced Garlic
1 LARGE jar of Spaghetti Sauce of your choice (I use Prego Fresh Mushroom in the 67 oz jar)
2 boxes of what or white spaghetti
Sugar (Optional)


Steps 1-3 Pictured Above

Directions:
-Sautee the garlic and onions in 1-2 tbsp of vegetable oil until light brown in a large pot.
-Add the ground beef, stirring constantly. Cook thoroughly. (Meaning you should find NO pink left if you sift through the meat!)
-Add the entire jar of spaghetti sauce and stir occassionally
-Bring to a simmer. (Be careful not to splatter!)
-Add sugar to taste and simmer again <--For all those Filipino spaghetti lovers
- Serve with cooked spaghetti pasta

I like to eat mine with whole wheat pasta..not just for the health benefits, but it's oh-so-flavorful as well. I highly encourage you to make the switch!

This takes about 20-30 minutes to make..perfect for a quick meal that will serve 4-6 people if you're having guests over or want to save some for later. I know that before the baby comes, I'm gonna make myself a pot of this to store in my fridge and heat up for myself because it's THAT easy...So, enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment