Wednesday, November 17, 2010

A Blank Canvas

One of my favorite pictures. So candid!
Watch our wedding video here!
Around the time of my wedding, I wanted to start writing down my thoughts and my feelings because I thought for sure that if I didn't, I would forget.
I would forget how excited I was to finally slip on the long awaited ring that sat in a black box hidden away for all those months. I'd forget the sense of calm I felt as I finally reached my smiling husband-to-be at the altar. How it felt to finally hold his hands and know that they were mine..forever. Sure enough, my accounts probably aren't as accurate as they would've been if I had done this sooner, but I know that all the events in my life could never make me forget the feeling I had that day when I officially became a wife.

Here I am 6 1/2 months later finally taking the time to not only look back at my emotional journey through marriage, but the changes that happened to me physically and psychologically as well. You never really realize how much you've changed until you take the time to stop and look back at how your life has evolved: How your thoughts have changed, how your daily routine consists of caring for yourself and your husband, and knowing that every decision that you make affects another life. It's a lot to to think about!

As we near the holidays, I have an overwhelming feeling that this amazing, life changing year is going to be over and I'm going to embark on a new journey...motherhood! At 32 weeks pregnant, I find that it hasn't entirely hit me yet that I will have another life to be responsible for and that my life will change AGAIN in a forever kind of way.

You see women everywhere, some of them wives and mommies just like yourself, and you wonder..."HOW DO THEY DO IT?" Not everyone has the same story as you, but for me, I'm a young, full-time working professional, with an average life and an average salary. I don't have the luxuries of always being able to eat out or live in a huge house big enough to house a nanny, chef, housekeeper and personal trainer. I'm learning to juggle it all on my own.
Everyone has their own way to adapt to this lifestyle and this blog isn't meant to be corny or cheesy, but it's a documentation of my own journey into becoming the woman that my family needs me to be and keeping myself happy and healthy at the same time. For all the women out there that are adapting to their new motherly body or as found themselves scrambling for meals to put on the table, I hope that my experiences can be beneficial to you.

Thus begins the birth of my new blog..Happy reading!

1 comment:

  1. I'm excited to keep up with your mommy and wifey experiences :) This is so cool that you are documenting all of it! I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete